The WorkFit System℠
At last! A PROVEN strategy to REDUCE workplace injuries and thereby LOWER the number of your Workers' Compensation claims.
Our cost-containment strategy helped a Fortune 1000 company SAVE $540,000* in Workers' Compensation claims payouts!
How? By REDUCING their annual Workers' Comp CLAIMS a FULL 69.0%!
*To request an 8-pages PowerPoint verifying the above claim (prepared by client's insurance company, not by OHS) CLICK HERE
TWO amazing-but-true FACTS about Workers' Comp claims:
It is this 8-15% of NEW-HIRES, if placed - but not "properly" (i.e., "reasonably accommodated") - that often succumb to an early on-the-job injury that results in an early (within first 90 days) Workers' Compensation claim!
These "early" NEW-HIRE injuries often are NOT SOLELY the hiring company's fault. A NEW-HIRE'S early injury in your "new" workplace is often simply - BUT EXPENSIVELY - an exacerbation of a previous on-the-job injury incurred while working for a previous employer.
It is your NEW-HIRES with otherwise "unknown", pre-existing physical limitations - that will most likely sustain an early (within their first 90 days) on-the-job injury. Per the U.S Department of Labor, this is even true of "new" workers that are ALREADY "1-3 YEARS EXPERIENCED" in that exact same job position!
It is your NEW-HIRES that make up the majority of your on-the-job injuries and Workers' Compensation and other medical costs, year after year after year.
The WorkFit System℠ TARGETS your "NEW-HIRES"! After you provide your candidate with a "conditional offer of employment", The WorkFit System℠ comprehensively evaluates each new-hire's overall physical fitness. The WorkFit℠ evaluation uses more than 70 metrics to measure your candidate's (1) physical ability to perform the specific physical functions of (2) the specific applied-for position SAFELY- i.e., without INJURING themselves in your workplace!
The WorkFit System℠ utilizes the 21st Century technology of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) to collect this information. Your new-hire candidate dials an 800 number from any landline or cell phone anywhere in the USA or Canada and answers 70+ physically-related health questions. Those include queries related to the conditions of their eyesight, hearing, lungs, shoulders, arms, hands, upper back, lower back, legs, feet, any phoebias, any medical operations, any use of prescriptions, any chronic health problems, hospitalizations, and many more- i.e., a full head-to-toe evaluation of their ability to physically perform the job, and without injuring themselves.
- WorkFit℠ follows all ADA guidelines and requirements EXACTLY.
- WorkFit℠ provides you with a definitive, economical, effective way for you to detemine "if" your new-hire candidate will need any "accommodation" to perform the essential functions of the job without injuring themselves.
- WorkFit℠ also enables you to screen-out those job candidates with a high-risk of early injury due to (and otherwise "unknown" to you), a pre-existing physical limitation. Exacerbating a pre-existing physical limitation in a new job is a common cause of early on-the-job injuries.
Here are our "Most Frequently Asked" Questions:
Yes, we can; WorkFit℠ has already done it! Reducing Workers Compensation claims an optimum "69.0%" is certainly an ideal goal. However, it requires perfect hiring and placement circumstances and WorkFit℠ will definitely help you toward that end.
A verifiable example: One of our WorkFit℠ subscribers - specifically: North America's (U.S./Canada) largest manufacturer and distributor of their type consumer product - DID experience a "69.0%" year-to-year result in reducing Workers' Compensation claims in a four (4) months long "pilot" test program they undertook with OHS.
They funded the pilot at their own expense and their Workers' Compensation insurance carrier - not OHS Inc. - kept close track of the results throughout the four months of the program.
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not by OHS) - CLICK HERE
Reducing Workers' Compensation claims by fully sixty-nine percent (69.0%) also led to lowering the company's Workers' Compensation payouts by 87.6%. Claims payouts of $621,000 in the previous year were reduced to only $77,000 in the WorkFit℠ pilot year!
We physically evaluated 659 new-hire candidates (@ $39 each) and reduced the company's Workers' Comp claims payouts by more than $540,000! Their total invoiced "cost" (or more correctly: their total "investment") of reducing their Workers' Compensation claims payouts by $540,000 was...$25,701!
Therefore, WorkFit℠ helped this client realize A SOLID RETURN OF 21 TIMES their cost/investment in SAFER hiring and SAFER placement!
They shared their insurance company's PowerPoint report detailing these incredible results with OHS Inc. and gave us permission to share it, as well. So...
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not not OHS) - CLICK HERE
Or... please call OHS Inc. at 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205
Questions?Our offices Are Open 8am-5pm (PST) Mon.- Fri. Give us a call then and we will answer them for you! Please call: 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 Or, use our convenient Contact page!
MORE ABOUT THE WORKFIT℠ SYSTEM
Our Workers' Compensation cost-containment strategy identifies, quantifies, and advises you of any pre-existing physical condition(s) of your new-hires that can lead to their early injury in your workplace. WorkFit℠ ensures that you DO know of any such limitations AND it enables you to determine WHAT conditions to consider in "accommodating" them to prevent their injury.
- WorkFit℠ will enable you to consistently make CORRECT and SAFE placement decision, resulting in fewer injuries by your new-hires and reducing Workers Compensation claims.
- You do NOT need to be a doctor or "medically" qualified in any way in order to interpret our reports; presented in easy-to-understand "layperson" terms. WorkFit℠ STRICTLY follows all ADA guidelines for making and reporting medical evaluations of a job applicant under post-offer pre-placement circumstances.
- Our WorkFit System℠ will enable you to determine - BEFORE PLACEMENT - if your job candidates are physically fit - or unfit - per the ADA guidelines (29CFR Part 1630)- "[...]to fulfill the essential and marginal functions of the position".
- Your new-hire candidate's WorkFit℠ evaluation report will normally be available and sent to your company's designate within four (4) business hours All WorkFit℠ collected medical information (including "filtered” health information not initially pertinent therefore not reported to you) is archived for future utilization to help defend your company against any later Workers' Compensation claims.
The WorkFit System℠ Report Pricing:
- But, consider this: our special OHS Inc. "Multiple-Services Client" Flat Rate: $38 ea.*
View the complete LIST of OHS Inc. workplace safety services
Want to learn more about our "Workers' Comp Claims Reducer"?
Please call us toll-free (from U.S. and Canada): 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 or CLICK ON HELP!