We Reduce Your Workers' Compensation Claims by "Targeting" Your New-Hires
We've Helped Companies Reduce Workplace Injuries and Lower Their Workers' Compensation Claims for Over a Decade!A field-proven strategy to reduce workplace injuries and to lower the number and frequency of your Workers' Compensation claims:
The WorkFit System℠- exclusively from OHS Inc.!
Our cost-containment strategy helped a Fortune 1000 company client SAVE $540,000* in Workers' Comp claims payouts!How did we do it??
The WorkFit System℠ CUT their average annual Workers' Comp CLAIM COSTS by a FULL 69.0%!
*To request an 8-pages PowerPoint verifying the above claim (prepared by client's insurance company, not by OHS) CLICK HERE
The Only Workers’ Compensation Claim Statistics That Really Matter:
The "New-Hire" Dilemma and Our SolutionBased on the information provided by numerous national studies, between 8-15% of "new-hires" have a prior medical history of physical limitation that could easily affect their safe performance in a new job position. This is a quite serious statistic that varies up or down only to the degree of physical effort and stress associated with the job. This means that if your new-hires aren’t properly placed or reasonably accommodated, this 8-15% of your new-hires may succumb to an early on-the-job injury to themselves, resulting in an early Workers’ Compensation claim. What is meant by an "early" Workers’ Compensation claim? It's "within the first 90 days" of your new-hire starting their new job with you. "Within the first '30' days" can be especially critical if the new-hire is one of the 8-15% already with a pre-existing MSD or other type physical limitation that could be easily exacerbated by performing the functions of the new job without proper "accommodation" when placed. Your new-hires may actually be unaware of the severity of their pre-existing physical limitations. Per the US Department of Labor, this can be true of new-hires that have been working in the field, performing the exact same job for 1-3 years. Meaning, these early injuries are not always solely the hiring company’s fault. Oftentimes, the "early" injury in your workplace is an exacerbation of a previous on-the-job injury incurred while working for a previous employer. However, that new-hire's "new" injury, when later incurred and reported on your company's time-clock, will end up costing you and your company some serious health and rehab expenses! How can you avoid that employee downtime and the associated costs?? Your New-Hires make up the vast majority of on-the-job injuries and workers’ compensation and other medical expenses, year after year after year.
Your New-Hire "Early Injury" SolutionYou have three options to choose from when determining whether to hire new employees and risk Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Don’t hire anyone new. Ever.
- Hire without knowing anything about their their health history, and keep your fingers crossed.
- Use our WorkFit System new-hire evaluation and hire with the confidence that comes with knowing they ARE physically fit for the position.
How The WorkFit System℠ Evaluates New-HiresAfter you provide your candidate with a formal conditional offer of employment, The system comprehensively evaluates each new-hire's overall physical fitness. This unique evaluation uses more than 70 metrics to measure your candidate's physical ability to perform the specific physical functions necessary to complete the tasks of the applied-for position safely. This post-offer physical evaluation leads to fewer "early" injuries in your workplace. It reduces workers’ compensation claims and saves your company time and money, while giving you - and your new-hire as well - confidence that your company cares about their well-being and safety!
How Our Pre-Employment Evaluation System WorksOur pre-employment evaluation system uses Interactive 21st century Voice Response (IVR) technology to interview your new-hires effectively and efficiently. Your new-hire simply dials the provided 800 number from anywhere in the US or Canada and answers the 70+ questions asked. These questions are related to the candidate’s physical health, including, but not limited to, queries about the condition of the following:
- Shoulders and arms
- Upper and lower back
- Medical operations
- The use of prescription medication
- Chronic health issues
- And more
- Musculoskeletal functions
- Neurological functions
- Sensory functions
- Cardiopulmonary functions
- Skin functions
- Environmental exposures
- Exposure risk factors
- Personal health habits
- Past medical treatment history
- Disability history
- Any phobias
- Workers’ compensation claims activity
- It follows all ADA guidelines and requirements exactly
- The system provides you with a definitive, economical, effective way for you to determine if your new-hire candidate will need any special accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job without injuring themselves
- It also enables you to screen-out those job candidates with a high-risk of early injury due to (and otherwise unknown to you), a pre-existing physical limitation. Exacerbating a pre-existing physical limitation in a new job is a common cause of early on-the-job injuries.
Proof Our New Hire Evaluation Works- OHS Creates Some Big Wins for BusinessesOur cost-containment strategy helped a Fortune 1000 company SAVE $540,000* in workers' compensation claims payouts! How? By reducing their annual workers' comp claims a full 69.0%! *To request an 8-pages PowerPoint verifying the above claim (prepared by client's insurance company, not by OHS) CLICK HERE
The WorkFit System℠ Reporting & MoreThe evaluation report you receive is a single page. It is presented in easy-to-understand layperson's language, no difficult-to-interpret medical jargon. The post-offer evaluation report summary will assist you in consistently making safer placement decisions. You will always know in advance if your new-hire...
- Is a good, safe placement prospect
- Should be placed only with accommodation
- Should not be placed and the job offer rescinded
- This system will enable you to consistently make smart and safe placement decisions, resulting in fewer injuries by your new-hires and reducing Workers Compensation claims
- You do not need to be a doctor or medically qualified in any way to interpret our reports, they are presented in easy-to-understand layperson terms, The WorkFit System℠ strictly follows all ADA guidelines for making and reporting medical evaluations of a job applicant under post-offer pre-placement circumstances
- Our WorkFit pre-placement physical evaluation system will enable you to determine, before placement, if your job candidates are physically fit (or unfit) per the ADA guidelines (29CFR Part 1630)- "[...]to fulfill the essential and marginal functions of the position"
- Your new-hire candidate's personal evaluation report will normally be available and sent to your company's designate within 2-4 business hours, all collected medical information (including filtered health information not initially pertinent therefore not initially reported to you) is archived for future utilization to help defend your company against a possible later Workers' Compensation claims
The Top 10 Advantages of The WorkFit System℠ New-Hire Physical Evaluation Versus Hands-On Clinic Exams1.Hands-on clinic exams are mostly cursory, six minutes, or less. Typically, there’s very little specific to the essential and marginal requirements of the actual job ever thoroughly assessed. X-rays? The American College of Radiology and the College of Occupational Medicine have both rejected the use of X-rays for determining back problems. Further, extensive studies indicate very little correlation between the results of strength testing and the probability of later injury to the individual being strength-tested. However, one simple physical assessment approach has been proved: health history is a great predictor of future health. Consequently, the system’s physical evaluation is based upon 79 questions of your new-hire’s health history as they apply only to the specific essential and marginal physical requirements of the specific job position offered. Keeping strictly within ADA physical assessment guidelines, clinics and The WorkFit Systemsm can initially report only health data specific to the essential and marginal requirements of the job. The huge advantage here over a clinic exam? The 79 questions often elicit 90-100+ bits of additional health-related information, all archived. With any later injury and claim, any and all archived health data not initially reported but now historically relevant to that injury may be legally released as evidence to help defend your company against that claim. 2. Unlike a clinic physical, our new hire evaluations are not merely post-offer, pre-placement physical evaluations alone. The system is a complete workers’ compensation claims and cost-containment strategy: (a) it enables your company to be informed about, and more safely place, a new-hire that needs accommodation to avoid injury in your workplace, (b) it serves as written documentation of a pre-existing physical condition if there is a later counterfeit claim for a work-related injury to that body-part; and, (c) it helps you more accurately determine when a previously injured employee can safely return-to-duty without exacerbating the injury, thereby causing more harm to themselves and more expense to your company. 3. Have more than one location? Utilizing The WorkFit System company-wide eliminates the need for your company to negotiate the disparate and more expensive clinics in city after city. A national contract with the two largest health clinic organizations, Concentra and U.S. Healthworks (both now merged) will still not cover every city in the U.S. and Canada. Thanks to our IVR system, your cost is exactly the same and the format of the evaluation report you receive is exactly the same for every job candidate you have in any city in the U.S. and Canada 4. With The WorkFit System your company can project, budget, and control the costs. You pay only one flat, low price for the physical evaluations of your new-hires in every city, town, and hitching post - no matter how small or isolated - all throughout North America. If you wish, you can also choose to receive just one monthly invoice instead of 100. 5. The WorkFit System removes all the delay, frustration, and time spent trying to arrange a clinic appointment for a new-hire when you badly need to place that new-hire yesterday. No appointment is required for an evaluation, your new-hire can take their evaluation anytime, 24/7, and anywhere in the USA and Canada. 6. Your hiring managers will never experience the two to four-day delay (typical of too many clinics) to receive a new-hire’s evaluation results. The results of every WorkFit System physical evaluation are determined and reported out to your hiring managers within four business hours of the exact moment in time your new-hire has completed their evaluation. 7. The WorkFit System is more convenient for your new-hire meaning no missed and re-scheduled clinic appointments, no sitting in a waiting room, no filling out four pages of paperwork by hand, and most importantly, zero exposure to people who are ill. 8. The entire WorkFit System evaluation can be completed by your new-hire in total privacy and in far less time (12-13 minutes) than it will take them to drive to, and wait in, a clinic to be seen by an MD or (quite often) a PA. 9. The WorkFit System evaluation report offers significantly more comprehensive and job-specific information about the physical condition of a new-hire than the typical clinic report. Yet, any layperson (e.g., your hiring managers), will find that the reports are considerably easier to read and to understand than a clinic’s report. 10. Unlike clinic reports, The WorkFit System does not use different, confusing formats. Each report is a single page, conveniently standardized. When making placement decisions on new-hires for the same type of job position in multiple different cities, you will not have to decode the multiple different clinic report formats in order to understand what the information means. Additionally, the job-specific evaluation protocol is consistent and not subject to the different opinions of different MDs and PAs in different clinics of diverse levels of proficiency.
Report PricingThe WorkFit System℠ pricing is $45-$39 per evaluation report. A sliding scale based on the number of reports we generate for your company monthly or annually. You also have the option of our special OHS Inc. Multiple-Services Client flat rate of $38 ea. Our OHS Multiple-Services Client flat rate is $38 per report. That's no matter how few reports (no minimum) are done for your company monthly or annually. This rate automatically applies for all of our subscribers that also utilize OHS, Inc. for at least one of the multiple other workplace services that we provide nationwide, including
- Employee drug testing
- Online OSHA-compliant Respirator Exams
- Online Supervisor Reasonable Suspicion Training
Here are our "Most Frequently Asked" Questions:
Yes, we can; WorkFit℠ has already done it! Reducing Workers Compensation claims an optimum "69.0%" is certainly an ideal goal. However, it requires perfect hiring and placement circumstances and WorkFit℠ will definitely help you toward that end.
A verifiable example: One of our WorkFit℠ subscribers - specifically: North America's (U.S./Canada) largest manufacturer and distributor of their type consumer product - DID experience a "69.0%" year-to-year result in reducing Workers' Compensation claims in a four (4) months long "pilot" test program they undertook with OHS.
They funded the pilot at their own expense and their Workers' Compensation insurance carrier - not OHS Inc. - kept close track of the results throughout the four months of the program.
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not by OHS) - CLICK HERE
Reducing Workers' Compensation claims by fully sixty-nine percent (69.0%) also led to lowering the company's Workers' Compensation payouts by 87.6%. Claims payouts of $621,000 in the previous year were reduced to only $77,000 in the WorkFit℠ pilot year!
We physically evaluated 659 new-hire candidates (@ $39 each) and reduced the company's Workers' Comp claims payouts by more than $540,000! Their total invoiced "cost" (or more correctly: their total "investment") of reducing their Workers' Compensation claims payouts by $540,000 was...$25,701!
Therefore, WorkFit℠ helped this client realize A SOLID RETURN OF 21 TIMES their cost/investment in SAFER hiring and SAFER placement!
They shared their insurance company's PowerPoint report detailing these incredible results with OHS Inc. and gave us permission to share it, as well. So...
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not not OHS) - CLICK HERE
Or... please call OHS Inc. at 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205
Questions?Our offices Are Open 8am-5pm (PST) Mon.- Fri. Give us a call then and we will answer them for you! Please call: 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 Or, use our convenient Contact page!
MORE ABOUT OUR WORKFIT℠ SYSTEM
Our Workers' Compensation cost-containment strategy identifies, quantifies, and advises you of any pre-existing physical condition(s) of your new-hires that can lead to their early injury in your workplace. WorkFit℠ ensures that you DO know of any such limitations AND it enables you to determine WHAT conditions to consider in "accommodating" them to prevent their injury.
- WorkFit℠ will enable you to consistently make CORRECT and SAFE placement decision, resulting in fewer injuries by your new-hires and reducing Workers Compensation claims.
- You do NOT need to be a doctor or "medically" qualified in any way in order to interpret our reports; presented in easy-to-understand "layperson" terms. WorkFit℠ STRICTLY follows all ADA guidelines for making and reporting medical evaluations of a job applicant under post-offer pre-placement circumstances.
- Our WorkFit System℠ will enable you to determine - BEFORE PLACEMENT - if your job candidates are physically fit - or unfit - per the ADA guidelines (29CFR Part 1630)- "[...]to fulfill the essential and marginal functions of the position".
- Your new-hire candidate's WorkFit℠ evaluation report will normally be available and sent to your company's designate within four (4) business hours All WorkFit℠ collected medical information (including "filtered” health information not initially pertinent and therefore not reported to you) is archived. This allows for future utilization to help defend your company against any later Workers' Compensation claims.
The WorkFit System℠ Report Pricing:
- But, consider this: our special OHS Inc. "Multiple-Services Client" Flat Rate: $38 ea.*
View the complete LIST of OHS Inc. workplace safety services
Want to learn more about our "Workers' Comp Claims Reducer"?
Please call us toll-free (from U.S. and Canada): 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 or CLICK ON HELP!