Cut Workers' Compensation Claims Using
The WorkFit System℠!
The WorkFit System℠ The WorkFit System℠ post-offer, pre-placement physical evaluation is a comprehensive "head-to-toe" appraisal of your candidate's ability to perform the job's essential physical functions without injuring themselves due to a physical limitation or a pre-existing injury. If any such exist, WorkFit℠ indicates "reasonable accommodations".
WILL REDUCE your number of employee workplace injuries
WILL CUT your Workers' Compensation claims and payouts!
And YES, our 70+ Check Points WorkFit℠ Health Survey is 100% ADA compliant!
This is a field-proven strategy that works as effectively as stated above and described below!
Learn now about our unique "Workers' Comp Claims Reducer", The WorkFit System℠!
How To Avoid Workplace Injuries And Reduce Workers Compensation ClaimsIf you hire employees for "HIGH-RISK-for-INJURY" jobs and DO NOT require them to have a comprehensive post-offer, pre-placement PHYSICAL EVALUATION...
Then, you are potentially making very expensive mistakes in your hiring and job placement protocol! Believe it...because U.S. Workers' Comp statistics prove it!
If you DO require job candidates to have a comprehensive post-offer, pre-placement physical evaluation, great!
But if you are paying more than $45 each for them, you are paying TOO MUCH!
Our unique Workers' Compensation Cost-Containment Strategy helped a Fortune 1000 Company How did we do it??
SAVE $540,000* in Workers' Comp claims payouts!
The WorkFit System℠ physical evaluations
CUT their "5-year's average" of yearly Workers' Comp CLAIM COSTS by a FULL 69.0%!To receive an 8 pages detailed report of the phenomenal results of this field-test study of The WorkFit System℠ effectiveness...
as was prepared and documented by the company's own Workers' Compensation insurance carrier, AIG* (unedited by OHS) CLICK HERE
Here are three Workers’ Compensation Claims Statistics That Really Matter...and you should really know:
The "New-Hire" Dilemma and Our Solution Multiple national studies have shown that between 8-15% of "new-hires" have a prior medical history of one or more physical limitations that could easily affect their safe performance in a new job position. This is a quite serious statistic that varies up or down only to the degree of physical effort and stress associated with the physical requirements of the job. This means that if your new-hires are NOT properly placed or reasonably accommodated, this 8-15% of your new-hires may succumb to an early on-the-job injury to themselves. This can only result in an early Workers’ Compensation claim! What is meant by an "early" Workers’ Compensation claim? It's "within the first 90 days" of your new-hire starting their new job with you. "Within the first '30' days" can be especially critical if the new-hire is one of the 8-15% already with a pre-existing musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) or other type physical limitation that could be easily exacerbated by performing the functions of the new job without proper "accommodation" when placed. Your new-hires may actually be unaware of the severity of their pre-existing physical limitations! According to US Department of Labor findings, this can be true of new-hires that have been working in the field, performing the exact same job for 1-3 years. Meaning this: early injuries are not always solely the hiring company’s (your) fault! Oftentimes, the "early" injury in your workplace is an exacerbation of a previous on-the-job injury incurred while working for a previous employer. However, that new-hire's "new" injury, when later incurred and reported on your company's time-clock, will end up costing your company some serious health and rehab expenses! How can you avoid that employee downtime and the associated costs??
How to Reduce Workers Compensation Claims.
Your New-Hire "Early Injury" SolutionYou have three (3) options to choose from when determining whether to hire new employees and risk Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Shoulders and arms
- Upper and lower back
- Medical operations
- The use of prescription medication
- Chronic health issues
- And more
- Musculoskeletal functions
- Neurological functions
- Sensory functions
- Cardiopulmonary functions
- Skin functions
- Environmental exposures
- Exposure risk factors
- Personal health habits
- Past medical treatment history
- Disability history
- Any phobias
- Workers’ compensation claims activity
- It follows all ADA guidelines and requirements EXACTLY
- The WorkFit System℠ provides you with a definitive, economical, effective way for you to determine if your new-hire candidate will need any special accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job without injuring themselves
- Exacerbating a pre-existing physical ailment in a new job is a very common cause of early on-the-job injuries.
The WorkFit System℠ also enables you to screen-out those job candidates with a "high-risk of early injury" due to (and otherwise unknown to you), a pre-existing physical limitation. Yes, it's for their own good! This helps keep them safe from potential injury, ultimately protecting and helping their family, too!
- The WorkFit System℠ will enable you to consistently make smart and safe placement decisions, resulting in fewer injuries by your new-hires and reducing the frequency and number of Workers Compensation claims against your company
- You do NOT need to be a doctor or medically qualified in any way to interpret WorkFit℠ reports. They are presented in easy-to-understand layperson terms, The WorkFit System℠ strictly follows all ADA guidelines for making and reporting medical evaluations of a job applicant under post-offer pre-placement circumstances
- The WorkFit System℠ pre-placement physical evaluation will enable you to determine, before placement, if your job candidates are physically fit (or unfit) per the ADA guidelines (29CFR Part 1630)- "[...]to fulfill the essential and marginal functions of the position"
- Your new-hire candidate's personal evaluation report will normally be available and sent to your company's designate within 2-4 business hours, all collected medical information (including filtered health information not initially pertinent therefore not initially reported to you) is archived for future utilization. This archive can serve to help defend your company against a possible later Workers' Compensation claim (E.g., it may help prove that the candidate was untruthful or withheld giving important health or physical limitations in their answers)
1. Don’t hire anyone new. Ever.
2. Hire without knowing anything about their health history, and keep your fingers crossed they are not among the 8-15% of candidates with a pre-existing musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) or other physical limitation.
3. Use The WorkFit System℠ new-hire evaluation and place them with the confidence that comes with knowing they ARE physically fit for the position. And if they are NOT...know in advance what reasonable accommodation can help keep them SAFE while working in the position!
Many companies choose the second option simply for budgetary reasons, believing the cost of pre-placement physical evaluation "insurance" is unnecessary. This is short-sighted and will be a more expensive decision in the long-run.
The budget-smart, -budget-saving choice is option "3". National Workers' Comp statistics confirm this is absolutely true!
How The WorkFit System℠ Evaluates New-HiresAfter you provide your candidate with a formal conditional offer of employment, The WorkFit System℠ comprehensively evaluates each new-hire's overall physical fitness. This unique evaluation uses more than 70 metrics to measure your candidate's physical ability to perform the specific physical functions necessary to complete the specific tasks of the specific applied-for position SAFELY! If they have one or more physical limitations that may lead to their early injury on the job, The WorkFit System℠ will let you know, and suggest when "reasonable accommodation" is necessary. This post-offer physical evaluation leads to fewer "early" and later injuries in your workplace. It reduces workers’ compensation claims and saves your company time and money, while giving you - and your new-hire as well - confidence that your company cares about their well-being and safety!
What Our Post-offer/Pre-placement Physical Evaluation System CoversThe WorkFit System℠ uses Interactive 21st century Voice Response (IVR) technology to interview your new-hires effectively and efficiently. Your candidate simply dials the provided 800 number from anywhere in the US or Canada and answers the 70+ questions asked and all answers and comments are recorded. These questions are related to the candidate’s physical health, including, but not limited to, queries about their present condition of the following:
The WorkFit System℠ Physical Evaluation ReportThe WorkFit℠ evaluation report you will receive is a single (1) page. It is presented in easy-to-understand layperson's language. No difficult-to-interpret medical jargon is used. The WorkFit System℠ workers' compensation cost-containment strategy identifies, quantifies, and advises you of any pre-existing physical condition(s) of your new-hires that can lead to their early injury in your workplace, and detail with accuracy whether they are "fit for duty". The WorkFit System℠ ensures that you are aware of any physical limitations and it enables you to determine what conditions to consider in accommodating your new-hire to prevent their workplace injury and ensure employee health and safety.
Here are our "Most Frequently Asked" Questions:
Yes, we can; WorkFit℠ has already done it! Reducing Workers Compensation claims an optimum "69.0%" is certainly an ideal goal. However, it requires perfect hiring and placement circumstances and WorkFit℠ will definitely help you toward that end.
A verifiable example: One of our WorkFit℠ subscribers - specifically: North America's (U.S./Canada) largest manufacturer and distributor of their type consumer product - DID experience a "69.0%" year-to-year result in reducing Workers' Compensation claims in a four (4) months long "pilot" test program they undertook with OHS.
They funded the pilot at their own expense and their Workers' Compensation insurance carrier - not OHS Inc. - kept close track of the results throughout the four months of the program.
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not by OHS) - CLICK HERE
Reducing Workers' Compensation claims by fully sixty-nine percent (69.0%) also led to lowering the company's Workers' Compensation payouts by 87.6%. Claims payouts of $621,000 in the previous year were reduced to only $77,000 in the WorkFit℠ pilot year!
We physically evaluated 659 new-hire candidates (@ $39 each) and reduced the company's Workers' Comp claims payouts by more than $540,000! Their total invoiced "cost" (or more correctly: their total "investment") of reducing their Workers' Compensation claims payouts by $540,000 was...$25,701!
Therefore, WorkFit℠ helped this client realize A SOLID RETURN OF 21 TIMES their cost/investment in SAFER hiring and SAFER placement!
They shared their insurance company's PowerPoint report detailing these incredible results with OHS Inc. and gave us permission to share it, as well. So...
*To request a detailed 8-pages PowerPoint verifying this - prepared entirely by this client's Workers' Comp insurer (not not OHS) - CLICK HERE
Or... please call OHS Inc. at 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205
Questions?Our offices Are Open 8am-4pm (PST) Mon.- Fri. Give us a call then and we will answer them for you!
In U.S and Canada (Toll-Free): 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205
Or, simply click below on HELP!
The WorkFit System℠ Pricing-
Would you invest $45 to prevent a $ 30,000 Workers' Comp Claim Payout??
WorkFit℠ pricing is $45-$40 per evaluation report...a sliding scale based on the number of reports we generate for your company monthly/annually.
- But, consider this: our special OHS Inc. "Multiple-Services Client" Flat Rate: $38 ea.*
View the complete LIST of OHS Inc. workplace safety services
Want to learn more about our "Workers' Compensation Claims Reducer", The WorkFit System℠ ?
Please call us toll-free (from U.S. and Canada): 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 or CLICK ON HELP!