1. It will present supervisors and managers with convincing evidence that drug-abuse does exist in the workplace. (Many supervisors and managers are either totally naive or in denial about this "taboo" subject because they simply don't know "how" to deal with it. Our supervisor training teaches them EXACTLY "how" to do so.)
2. It will underscore for them that, as company supervisors and managers, it is their duty and responsibility to you - their employer - to help prevent drug-abuse in their workplace and to personally support a Drug-Free Workplace company-wide.
3. It will enable your supervisors and managers to more quickly, and accurately "identify" when an employee is abusing drugs or is under the influence of drugs (illicit OR legally prescribed) while on the job.
4. It will empower your supervisors and managers to confidently address the issue of drug use and drug-abuse with an employee. Our supervisor training will give them direction on "how" to approach the employee and EXACTLY "what" to say to them. Supervisors and managers will be able to call for a "reasonable suspicion" drug test of a suspected employee in a manner which is legally defensible for your company- should such a defense later become necessary.
1. Goal of Your Company in Requiring this Special Online Supervisor Training (see 1-4 above)
2. U.S.A. Workplace Drug-Abuse Statistics
3. Why Most Supervisors/Managers Are In Denial or Ignore Possible Employee Drug Problems
4. Obligations and Responsibilities of Company Supervisors and Managers
a. Being Aware of Possible Workplace Drug-use
b. Observing/Monitoring Employees for Possible Drug-use
5. Recognizing/Identifying Workplace Drug-Users
a. PERFORMANCE indicators of employee workplace drug use
b. BEHAVIORAL indicators of employee workplace drug use
c. PHYSICAL indicators of employee workplace drug use
d. PARAPHERNALIA indicators of employee workplace drug use
6. Pictures of Most Common Illicit Drugs- to Aid in Recognition
7. Pictures of Most Typical Drug-use Paraphernalia- to Aid in Recognition
8. Legally-Defensible Procedures for Reasonable Suspicion Testing
a. Approaching/Talking to Employees Suspected of Using Drugs in the Workplace (Employee Intervention)
b. Documenting Employee Interventions in Writing (forms provided)
c. Making the DECISION to Drug Test for “Reasonable Suspicion”
Educating your supervisors and managers with our supervisor training in the recognition of substance abuse “indicators” (physical, mental, behavioral) symptoms. They will learn how to follow a legally defensible procedure for ordering a “reasonable suspicion” drug test. It is an effective method for preventing a drug-related crisis in your workplace!
WHY THE LEAST UTILIZED? Approaching an employee and expressing a suspicion of drug-use is uncomfortable for most supervisors. In fact, it is so uncomfortable for some managers that they become "enablers"- i.e., they will "look the other way", time and time again. Our supervisor training is the answer.
Unless your supervisors and managers (of DOT and non-DOT personnel, too) are properly trained in workplace drug-abuse awareness and thoroughly prepared to order a Reasonable Suspicion drug test, they are unsure of “what” to do, “how” to do it, and “the right words” to use if they did! Therefore, some managers will simply ignore the situation. By NOT taking action, your supervisors and managers then essentially become “enablers”- actually “helping “ the employee to continue their workplace drug-abuse. How? Because the employee that continues to be “unchallenged” also continues to use drugs.
ONLINE REASONABLE SUSPICION SUPERVISOR TRAINING INCLUDES:
(1) Preparation sheets that guide the manager on how to prepare for meeting with the employee
(2) Documentation sheets with the actual words to use and questions to ask, space for documenting responses, and instructions on how to arrange the completion of a reasonable suspicion test.
$40 per person ($38 each for 5-9 and $36 each if 10 or more take the training). Lower rates are available for companies with 25 or more supervisor/managers to train. Please call 1.800.456.4647 ext. 205 or click below on HELP to contact us for a quote.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please call 1.800.456.4647 ext. 202 to pre-register the person(s) if you are ready to get training "set up". Thanks!